Corporations purchased 13.4 gigawatts of clean power through long-term contracts, more than doubling 2017’s total, helped by demand from new industries and previously untrodden markets
Solar commitments declined 24% in dollar terms even though there was record new photovoltaic capacity added, breaking 100GW barrier for the first time.
- Nemo Link is the first transmission link between the two countries
- It enables transmission of 1,000 MW electricity using Siemens HVDC Plus technology
- Siemens built converter stations housing the state of the art HVDC equipment in both Herdersbrug (Belgium) and Richborough (UK)
- Official opening ceremony on December 5 in Herdersbrug with Belgian and UK dignitaries
The clearing prices for the projects are GBP 39.650 per MWh for Creyke Beck A and GBP 41.611 per MWh for the Creyke Beck B and the Teesside A projects (all in 2012 real prices).
- Hybrid project based on biofuel and solar energy inaugurated on the Galapagos island of Isabela
- First of its kind local energy system, developed for carbon-neutral operation
- Remotely monitored from the Siemens-Mindsphere Application Centers in Munich and Austin, Texas
16 Oct | W S B G | NV Energy Seeks Additional Low-Cost Renewable Energy
Company Requests Bids for Major Addition to Renewable Energy Portfolio
The award, equal to 54% of the 2.2 TWh/year offered in the tender, places Enel ahead of any other participant
- Bond received top grade “Dark Green” for sustainability from CICERO
- More transparency for investors at equivalent risk-return-profile
In response to Governor Gina M. Raimondo's call for clean and affordable energy for Rhode Islanders, a recent competitive procurement attracted nearly 2,500 MW of carbon-free resources across 41 different bids. The procurement, issued by National Grid this past September, will help advance the Governor's goal to grow Rhode Island's clean energy supply ten-fold – to 1,000 megawatts – by 2020.